Please fill out the Deposit Inquiry Contact Form below if you have any research reagents of significant value to the malaria research community. We are particularly interested in acquiring malaria parasite isolates, lines and clones, associated molecular reagents and established, characterized anopheline vector colonies. Although we encourage Depositors to register with the BEI Resources program, registration is NOT a prerequisite for depositing materials with the MR4 collection.
The benefits of depositing reagents into the NIAID MR4 and other BEI collections are numerous. Through this program, MR4 and BEI:
1. Reduce the burden to depositors for requests for their reagents. BEI provides management and coordination of transportation and regulatory permits for regulatory compliant shipping to investigators.
2. Provide safe long term archival storage of important cell lines and reagent stocks.
3. Provide accessioned scientific information and links to depositor citations regarding the reagent on the web.
4. Provide authentication and quality control for reagents amplified and tested at MR4/BEI.
5. Preserve the intellectual property and ownership of the depositor materials as designated through the deposit process.
6. Promote investigator research and require citation of depositor reagents upon publication or presentation by other users.
7. Help investigators fulfill NIH and other funding organization requirements for sharing of biological research materials and data.
Depositors must complete the Distribution/Ownership Rights Form (MR4/BEI Deposit Form Part I) and obtain appropriate institutional approval. The Deposit Form serves as a Material Exchange Agreement in conjunction with the BEI Resources Material Transfer Agreement (MTA). The MTA, required of all BEI Resources registrants, governs the intellectual property and material rights for each reagent deposited with and distributed from BEI. Commercial use of a reagent will require prior approval from the Depositor and his/her institute as specified on the Deposit Form. To facilitate the use of the reagent and assurance of quality measurements, depositors are also requested to provide relevant technical and scientific information on the reagent, including appropriate citations, by completing a relevant MR4 Reagent Information Form. Please see the Deposit Forms page to download and complete the appropriate MR4 Reagent Information Form for your deposit.
Helpful Tips for Depositors
- If you have not been in contact with MR4 or BEI staff, please submit the Deposit Inquiry Contact Form below for review and approval of your planned deposit BEFORE sending any Forms or Reagents.
- One BEI Reagent Deposit Form may be used for multiple reagents.
- Please list all reagents to be covered/deposited at one time on the BEI Reagent Deposit Form and attach the relevant MR4 Collection Reagent Information form(s) to it.
- Be sure to obtain appropriate institutional approval signatures for material transfer.
- One Reagent Information Form should be completed for EACH reagent to be deposited.
- Please fill out only fields relevant or known on the reagent information form for each reagent to be deposited, but provide as much information as possible to assist our accession and database records. Please include appropriate literature citations.
- MR4 can assist you with packaging and shipping requirements and, in some cases, associated expenditures. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.